Friday 2 May 2014

The Eventful Life of Wyatt Scott

Today, mom, dad and baby Wyatt were supposed to do a live interview with CTV news at 11:30, but unfortunately, we had to cancel, because Wyatt's pediatrician, Dr. Issa, put into motion the Bronchial Scope. This means a couple of things for little Wyatt if he's going to be put under by anaesthesia:

Bronchial Scope, which may be able to remove the remainder of the chicken, which he is still spitting up three days later;

A biopsy of one of his jaw muscles;

A Gtube.

Three days ago, I was madly researching about Tracheostomies, now I'm back to where I was three weeks ago: The Gtube. Although, we have mixed feelings about the Gtube now, because it will delay his chiropractic care, we know the Bronchial Scope is necessary, and since he's under - the Gtube should be done. It may prove fruitful, as the Chiropractor felt that once Wyatt had his quasi-adjustments done, he would be more aware of the NG down his throat, and could cause even more reflux.

As I run out of more and more breast milk, (dipped to half my production from catching a nasty virus), I hope the Gtube will help Wyatt with his reflux, as it's quite bad when he's on 100% formula feed. Eventually, Wyatt will be on 100% formula, I can't pump forever after all, so it's something that has been hanging over my head.

 
Other than spitting up some random pieces of chicken, as you can tell, Wyatt is doing pretty good! I wish he was older, that way we could talk about the procedure, instead of him waking up in pain (Gtube will cause him pain), and wondering "What the heck did these people do to me???"


No comments:

Post a Comment